Kenny Aronoff, The Hardest Hitting Man in Show Business!
Sex, Drums, Rock ‘n’ Roll! details Aronoff’s youth in the Berkshires and the Midwest, from his early inspirations to his serious classical and jazz study, which gave him the foundation to be able to play – anything. The failure of a first rock band in his early twenties had a silver lining: it freed him up for an audition that would change his life – John Mellencamp. His work with Mellencamp catapulted Aronoff to the top of the charts with such hits as ”Hurt So Good”, ”Little Pink Houses”, and ”Jack and Diane” and paved the way for session and recording work with droves of remarkable artists.
Modern Drummer Legends Vol. 5 – Kenny Aronoff Book Bundle
Grab the fifth installment in the Modern Drummer Legends series. The book bundle includes:
– Over 50 pages of extensive and in-depth interviews
– 40+ pages of drum transcriptions with Kenny’s own analysis and details from the sessions
– EXCLUSIVE recording of Kenny’s senior percussion recital performing Violin Concerto on Marimba
– Never-before-seen pictures from Kenny’s private collection
– Kenny’s handwritten charts from sessions with Elton John, Mick Jagger, Glen Frey, Jon Bon Jovi and others!